Would you like to join our volunteer counselling team?
Our counselling service supports:
- People living with a life threatening or terminal diagnosis;
- Individuals, couples, carers and families affected by the diagnosis of a loved one;
- Individuals, couples, carers and families affected by the bereavement of a loved one.
Due to the expansion of our service we are looking for volunteer counsellors to join our team.
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to gain experience in this specialised area of work with individuals
- Client hours towards your qualification
- The opportunity to make a real difference to people approaching or affected by end of life
- Specialised monthly in-house group supervision & quarterly team meetings/CPD sessions
- The opportunity to work with a multi-disciplinary team
- Induction training
In return we ask that you:
- Have a minimum of 50 hours face-to-face client experience
- Are willing to see a minimum of three clients per week
- Are committed and reliable
- Attend in-house group supervision funded by the hospice & quarterly team meetings/CPD sessions
- Have external one-to-one supervision (self-funded)
- Be undertaking or have access to Personal Therapy
- Follow the organisation’s practices and protocols
- Abide by BACP/UKCP ethical framework
To apply please contact the Counselling Department for an application form. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org